Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Toro - high revving

Visiting Guest

01-26-05, 12:12 PM   #1  
fwl
Toro - high revving

I have a Toro 20, 3hp 2 cycle snowblower that worked fine earlier this season. I noticed that the unit began to rev higher than normal which had a side effect of improved snow throwing. When the unit ran out of gas, I refilled from the same container as the previous refill and now the unit has no power at all under load. It sounds like a carb/gas issue right now but what would cause this machine to rev higher than normal?

Sponsored Links

TX

01-29-05, 06:22 AM   #2  
Ice/ governor problem

I'm guessing you have ice build up on throttle linkage or governor problems. I don't see how the governor could go from an overspeed to underspeed in that short a time. Try putting the machine in a warm place for a couple of hours. This will answer any ice problems.
Mike A

TX

02-01-05, 10:31 AM   #3  
2-cycles are notorious for carbon build-up on the piston. when the carbon breaks loose and ignites, it will make them rev-up. the carbon may have fouled the plug causing the poor performance after it ran out of gas.
pull the plug and clean or replace. also look inside the cylinder for excessive carbon. may need to pull the head off and clean top of piston.

Search this Thread