Ariens Sno-thro Tecumseh H60 Engine

Old 01-30-05, 12:49 PM
jordanpinebushn
Visiting Guest
Red face Ariens Sno-thro Tecumseh H60 Engine

I have been reading most all the posts relating to ariens snow throwers that have tecumseh engines and appreciate all the new knowledge I have found. I am looking for additional info on my model Arien Sno thro #10970 with tecumseh engine model H60-7500?H. I believe it is a model from the early 1980s, but I had it overhauled and the repair shop said it worked for them which I saw it did start when I picked it up, but since it has not for me.

the temps in my area have been extremely low, from 20 to -25 deg F. I have the sno thro in my semi heatd garage now which is about 35 to 45 degrees. When I first tried to start it I noticed small ice crystals in the spark plug hole, so I gave it a little bit of dry gas and have tried to let it dry out, but it still will
not turn over. A neighbor who said he could get it started only ended up breaking the rope on the pull starter (which I fixed) and he also messed around with some of th adjustments under the carb bowl that screw with the spring underneath. It also has another spring-screw under the gas tank, which I imagine is the gas shutoff valve for long term storage? anyway, when i did sart before, it seemed to start up when the choke was almostcomletely open. The engine also has a spring loaded push type button that can be pressed in to block the carb opening, which i was told is the primer, does anyone know if that is so? If it is the primer, how many times should it be pushed in right before a cold start ?

If anyone can help me out here I would appreciate it greatly. I am handy but not well versed on this machine and I cannot locate any documentation on this model at all, some of the later model yes but nothing with directions and settings for this particular model. I was told to look for a repair manual listed as part #682509 but I am not sure it is for a model this old. If anyone knows which repair manual I need for an older tecumseh model H60-7500? can you please email me the info at jordanpinebushny@aol.com and I will buy one immediately. All replys are greatly apprieciated!! :

Thank you again!!! Jordan

Old 01-30-05, 04:45 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
step by step

Let's take this a step at a time. Remove the spark plug and have someone watch the auger and rotor while you slowly crank it to see if they are turning also. If so, find out why. Next attach plug wire to spark plug and ground plug to engine, crank engine and see if plug is sparking. If so, reinstall spark plug. Since you neighbor screwed with the carb screws, Turn the high speed needle clockwise until lightly seated, then turn counter clockwise one and one half turns
I don't know if the tank has a quarter turn style valve or a needle style. Take the fuel line loose from the tank valve and srart turning the vave til a goo flow of gas is present. Just hold a pan, can or whatever to catch the gas so you won't have it all over the floor.
If it has a primer it should be a small spherical rubber or plastic bulb you press with your finger. Close choke, press primer two or three times and try to start it.
If all this doesn't work, I'd take it back to the fellas that overhauled it.
Hope this helps,
Mike A

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: