Toto Impeller Problem

Old 01-29-05, 06:20 AM
BTarr
Visiting Guest
Toto Impeller Problem

I have a 8yr old Totro Snowthower. The model on the handle says 521, but the tab on the base of the unit says Model # 38052. My problem is that whenever any real amount of snow gathers in the machine the chute clogs. It appears that the impeller can not handle the load and I suspect that there is some kind of clutch for the impeller that might need adjustment or replacement. A. Is this theory correct? B. If it is what are the suspect parts and what is the best way to disammble the unit to get to the part?

Thanks in adavnce.

Barry

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-05, 01:08 PM
scan
Visiting Guest
I have the same toro

Originally Posted by BTarr
I have a 8yr old Totro Snowthower. The model on the handle says 521, but the tab on the base of the unit says Model # 38052. My problem is that whenever any real amount of snow gathers in the machine the chute clogs. It appears that the impeller can not handle the load and I suspect that there is some kind of clutch for the impeller that might need adjustment or replacement. A. Is this theory correct? B. If it is what are the suspect parts and what is the best way to disammble the unit to get to the part?

Thanks in adavnce.

Barry
undefined

Barry
I have the same unit
Behind the discharge chute is a black plastic cover that transversely sits from left to right. One hex screw holds it on each side. Take it off, and with the ENGINE OFF squeeze the auger drive handle. You'll see the idler pulley engage the belt. The auger handle pull a small round metal rod that.at its base has a threaded coupling. You can adjust the idler tension there be bacjing the rod screws back toward the auger drive handle.

Old 01-30-05, 07:03 PM
Check engine RPM

One other thing to check is to have a shop check to be sure engine RPM is at speed rated for your machine.
Hope this helps,
Mike A