Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Primer problem on Tecumseh 5hp snowblower

Visiting Guest

01-29-05, 11:16 AM   #1  
Dugiemor
Primer problem on Tecumseh 5hp snowblower

Hi I have a Yardman 5hp Tecumseh Snowblower and I just installed a carb rebuild kit in it. It will start by choking it but When I press the primer bulb gas shoots out the side of the carb from a tiny vent hole and there is no pump action. I removed and replaced the access plugs when I cleaned it. Is there a ball or check valve or something I blew out when I cleaned it in the primer chamber. Also is there anywhere I can see a exploded view of this carb without buying a manual? model number is # 640084B
shroud housing #HS50-67175D Ser 0239B
Thanks for your help.
Dugiemor

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

01-29-05, 03:21 PM   #2  
scan
my toro tecumsah has a primer hose that'll leak like crazy unless I unstick the float in the bowl under the carb.
try backing the screw on the bottom of the bowl out 3 turns and then back in to place.
try it a few times and see if the "Bleeding" stops

01-30-05, 09:36 PM   #3  
carb problem

I'm a sears service tech. Sounds like you have the float too high or sinking. First step remove the float and shake it by youer ear--sloshing sound indicates fuel and a leak in the float. Replace. It may just be sticking--tap the intake or the carb itself with a hammer lightly to free it. That might be all you need. Hole in float is VERY common.

Search this Thread