Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Kohler Carb problems

OH

02-05-05, 02:40 PM   #1  
Kohler Carb problems

My Dad has a Simplicity Tractor with a Kohler 10 hp engine that has an intermittent fuel leak when he uses it. Its leaking out the air intake horn past the air filter. I can start it and run it all day standing still, and it wont leak. Start to move it around and it will load up and leak. Im looking for best options here. Is a rebuild necessary, and can still get a kit to do this? Does anyone know the float adjustment measurement for this engine?
Model K241S
Spec 46764d
Serial 9612093

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

02-05-05, 10:17 PM   #2  
Hello WML13!

Sounds like you need to work on the carb for sure. May just have a bad float, or needle and seat. To set the float level, you turn the carb upside down. The float should be parallel with the surface of the top piece of the carb. Most small engine shops should have or be able to get carb parts for that engine.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

OH

02-06-05, 08:47 AM   #3  
Kohler Engine

I actually found a Kohler Engine service manual for this engine online, and voila, I got the specs, diagrams, float measurements etc. Do you suppose that the fact that the downside float stop tang was missing would cause a bit of a problem? Like letting too much fuel into the carb at certain times? lol

Ill go hunting for a float and see what that does. I wonder where it went after it broke ? lol

02-07-05, 11:47 PM   #4  
float tab broken

there is no place for it to go--should be in the bowl!

S/T

OH

02-08-05, 05:54 AM   #5  
Float tab missing

I think somebody else was in that float bowl before I got there (story of my life) The seat and the valve were in such bad shape ordered a new carb complete. (Kohler wont sell them separately)

Thanks for the reply!

Search this Thread