Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

New Lawn Mower

02-08-05, 03:22 AM   #1  
New Lawn Mower

I'm looking for some guidance on getting a lawn tractor. I'll be mowing about 1 acre, I'm a novice at mowing lawns. I know prices range from about 1k and up so I want to get what I need without regrets.

Any info/feedback would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

NY

02-08-05, 08:20 AM   #2  
With an acre, you could likely get away with a chain store brand, however, a name brand would better suit your needs. Some of the mowers you should look at are Toro, John Deere, Simplicity. As far as size, I'd look for 16-18 horse, 42-46 inch cut, provided cutting grass is all you'll be doing.

02-08-05, 08:31 AM   #3  
Depending on the contour of your lot, you may also want to be looking for a "floating" deck. These have wheels on the deck that follow the shape of the ground rather than scrapeing each time it hits an uneven spot. good luck.

Visiting Guest

02-21-05, 01:49 PM   #4  
C5RAP
A couple of years ago I got a Toro TimeCutter Z. This has to be the best mower Iíve ever had.

Itís a zero turn radius rider made for homeowners. I finish fast, donít have to own a walk behind for trim work and itís fun to use.

You can check it out at Toroís web site. I would post a link by this site is a little weird about that.

02-21-05, 07:04 PM   #5  
Yes, I too would recommend a Zero turn Mower, once you try one you will never go back to a "lawn tractor"! Husky makes a homeowners model for around $2600.. they may cost more than most riding mowers, but are well worth it for large areas with many trees and or obstacles to mow around.. RH

Search this Thread