Pressure Washer Problem

Old 02-10-05, 02:35 AM
oldmedic
Visiting Guest
Pressure Washer Problem

Wrong time of year for pressure washers but have an unresolved problem from last summer. I bought a new Craftsman 2000 psi pressure washer. Starts and runs perfectly except it dies with a quarter tank of gas remaining and will not restart until more gas is added. I looked into the tank with a dental mirror and found the siphon tube does extended to the bottom of the tank and doesn't appear cracked. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-10-05, 05:32 AM
My guess is, is that you actually have less fuel than appears. How much run time do you get before it "runs out" of fuel? Regardless, what are the model numbers of both the unit and the engine? How many horse engine? How far from the bottom of the tank does the pick-up tube appear to be?

Old 02-10-05, 09:21 AM
oldmedic
Visiting Guest
Pressure Washer Problem

"Puey61". The washer engine is a Briggs 3.75 hp with push to prime/no choke. The siphon tube is firmly pressed against the bottom of the tank and stops running with a 1/2-3/4 inch of fuel remaining. Average running time is about 90 minutes. I've never seen a Briggs before that wouldn't run itsself bone dry. My guess is there's a crack in the siphon tube that I can't see. Probably have to pull the tank and replace the tube or repair it.

Old 02-10-05, 12:23 PM
I really don't think you have a problem with the pickup tube but for what little time it would take to remove the carburetor/tank assembly then remove the carb from the tank to inspect the tube, it would be worth the look. 90 minutes run time is average for that size fuel tank (I've never measured it but I'd say one quart maybe a couple ounces more).