Decal search For Briggs and Stratton

Old 02-13-05, 02:44 AM
Decal search For Briggs and Stratton

Hello All...Where can I find current and ventage Briggs Decals? I'm restoring several engines in the 1960 - 1970 range. Is there a website where I can find decal & engine color code references? What about old pictures of Briggs engines? I've searched all the obvious places but I guess I'm using the wrong search criteria??? Looks like decals are one of Briggs great big secrets????Hello Cheese...how are you? Thanks in advance, Ron.

Sponsored Links
Old 02-14-05, 08:47 AM
Along with Lauson's, Clinton's and some other odd vintage engines, I have numerous Briggs, circa '20's, '30's & '40's which I have had no trouble obtaining original decals for. Any authorized Briggs dealer can help you. Although my last restoration was 4 or 5 years ago, I don't think you should have any trouble, still, in obtaining what you need. You'll need the original engines' ID#'s most certainly, unless you have a dealer that's been in the business many, many years and can identify each engine by sight. As for pics of old stuff, check this out http://www.asecc.com/index.html

Old 02-18-05, 02:23 PM
Have you checked anything out yet with success? If you provide me with specific model, type and code numbers, I'll do a look-up for whatever you need.

Old 02-19-05, 02:27 AM
Thanks, Here it is!

The one engine that is most important to me is an old Briggs 3hp from 1964. The numbers are: 80902 0158-02 6405042. I would greatly appreciate you looking this up for me. It would be EXTREAMLY educational and helpful if you can tell me what your looking this up in or where on the INet? Many Thx., Ron

Old 02-19-05, 08:55 AM
The way we were able to come up with the decals was by our old microfiche cards. Briggs had a card specifically for decals. The problem is, Briggs, in the last couple years, has changed their fiche cards to make them more user friendly, thereby replacing every card in the collection. Someone in our shop has either trashed the old ones or I'm unaware of where they were relocated. Give me some time and i'll get to the bottom of it. If you have a dealer in your area that's been in business many moons, as we have been, they too may be able to help you in the mean time. Let you know soon.

Old 02-19-05, 09:28 AM
Saga of the lost Fiche

I really appreciate all your efforts! I hope you find it! I know that I never need it untill the day after I throw it out, usually about 30 minutes after the garbage truck runs. I'll ask around the local shops. Just for information sake can anyone buy the fiche from Briggs or is it only available to Dealers? Thanks so much for all your efforts, Ron.

Last edited by Bigwind; 02-19-05 at 09:29 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old 02-23-05, 07:36 AM
The fiche cards are for dealers only, sorry to say. Bear with me a bit longer, I'm still trying to locate mine or at least come up with the part #'s you need.

Old 02-23-05, 11:01 AM
Thank You

Many, Many Thanks ! I'll be right here ! Ron