Snowthrower help please!

Old 02-28-05, 06:09 AM
ducati1212
Visiting Guest
Snowthrower help please!

Just purchased a brand new toro CCR 3650 GTS for my mom because she was having trouble shoveling this year. the unit seemed fine for about a week then wouldn't start. We tried everything it would not catch. brought it to the local dealer he said he had 8 other identical models in the shop for the same problem and all cases they start after being in the warm shop for a while. My moms started at the shop each time. brought it home does not start again. It seems like when its cold out it wont start. It has been the worst winter in a long time and she has had to shovel each storm.

Any thought would be great. Is this a problem with the model.?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-05, 07:38 AM
Sounds like you guys have a fuel station that has water in their tanks. Water in fuel in warm climate = start, water in fuel in cold climate = frozen water blocking off jetting. Now you may get lucky by adding about 1 ounce of Isopropyl alcohol to the gas tank but you will more likely have to do a complete fuel system flush to rid the system of the water. Next, take a look in the bottom of your fuel can and see if there is any indication of water. If so, it will look like a bubble sitting on the bottom of the can. Please use a flashlight to perform this procedure...Not a match or lighter. If you have water take the can to an automotive shop, as most will take your bad fuel. Be sure to blow out the can using compressed air as well. Then find another source for your gasoline.

Old 02-28-05, 08:03 AM
ducati1212
Visiting Guest
That sounds like a reasonable cause its just that I have been getting gas there for cars / yard equipment for years and never had water in my tank. What’s the best way to get the existing gas out of the tank.? Also if by chance it is not water in the tank can you think of anything else I could try..

Thanks for the help

Old 02-28-05, 10:05 AM
To rid the unit of any water, pinch off the fuel line between the tank and carb., remove the fuel line from the carb., drain contents of tank into a coffee can-like container (ideally, you would like to use compressed air to blow out the tank), remove the carb bowl nut, remove the carb bowl, drain this of all fuel. If you see no sign of water, a remote possibility would be that this unit was a demonstrator and had fuel in it for some time at the dealer whereas it may have varnished slightly. In which case you'll need to have the dealer recondition the carb at his expense. As far as your other equipment not exibiting any symptoms...Your car can handle a much greater quantity of water before any symptoms appear and your yard equipment is run in a climate where the water won't freeze.

Search this Thread