Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ariens Snowblower/Tecumseh Engine

Visiting Guest

03-03-05, 05:59 PM   #1  
glenj
Ariens Snowblower/Tecumseh Engine

During the last snow fall, my older Ariens Sno-Thro started right up in the choke position...when moved to half choke it still ran until I began to throw snow...at full open position, it would stall out immediately...I noticed that there was a slight gas leak coming from around the brass pin assembly going through the center of the carb bowl...At half choke, I had to constantly turn the pin to the right to increase (maintain) engine speed and after a few passes it would go back to the lower speed...I imagine that the bowl assembly and the pin needs a rebuild...my problem is, I can't seem to find what the motor model is since the engine model plate is very worn...the best I can do is guess at these numbers...

Model HS(6?)0- 6500776(?) Serial 6220-0461

It also has a metal tag bolted to the crankcase SBA-311A and below that 23441.

Anyone have an idea what the model is? I believe that it is a 6 HP Tecumseh engine...

Hope someone can help...

Thanks!

Sponsored Links

NY

03-04-05, 03:24 AM   #2  
I'd say the engine is a 5 horse as the series of numbers following the Hxx begins with 65. The metal tag containing "SBA" is actually SBH meaning Short Block Horizontal, indicating this engine has been shortblocked. Reconditioning the carb appears in order. Tecumseh carb kit# 31840, float (if needed)# 632019, mounting gasket# 27915A. Anything else, you know where to find us.

NY

03-07-05, 12:08 PM   #3  
How'd you make out Glen?

Search this Thread