Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh 8hp Snow King Parts Help..

NJ

03-06-05, 03:53 AM   #1  
Tecumseh 8hp Snow King Parts Help..

Hello Everybody,
I just happened to stumble accross this site and "WOW" , Boy am I glad I did..
My Dad felt the need to upgrade snowblowerI am the happy recipient of "Old Faithful" an MTD 8hp 24" cut Model 315-580-000 Date code J024B (early 80's). I have all the original manuals that came with the blower. I am trying to locate a parts breakdown for the Tecumseh Engine (HM80 155241 Ser 4194D). I need a new muffler, head gasket, carburator part #.

I'd like to decarbon the top end of the motor, replace the muffler (bad), and look around for a new carb (we always seemed to have some type of carb problems over the years. Dad always seemed to forget to run the fuel out of the carburator.)

Is there a source online or elsewhere that I can locate a Parts breakdown or exploded parts view that I can use as a reference?

Thanks Everybody....
[email protected]

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

03-06-05, 07:57 AM   #2  
Azis
Here is a digital manual you can add to your paper. http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf
I dont recall if it has any parts listings or not, I dont think it does. One place I think you may try is sears. http://www3.sears.com/
Try using just the model # of the engine, then try using the model # of the unit.

Heh or hang out until puey shows up, he'll give ya the xact stuff

NY

03-07-05, 11:30 AM   #3  
As far as a site for parts break-downs...don't know of any except here, where i'll be happy to assist. You have a 1985 model year machine. You missed a letter (either "J" or "K") immediately following the spec number on the engine but I can still help you out. Carburetor assembly - 632334A, Carb Kit - 632347, Intake manifold gasket - 27915A, Carb to manifold gasket - 33263, Muffler - 35056, Muffler bolts - 651002, Bolts locktab - 31588, Head gasket - 34041B. As far as the carburetor is concerned, with the exception of a rusty carb you should be able to soak this in a quality bath type cleaner (I like Napa #6401) and use the aforementioned carb kit and be good to go.

Search this Thread