Karcher Power Washer

Old 03-06-05, 04:14 PM
scfix413
Visiting Guest
Angry Karcher Power Washer

I just bought this thing and manual says no bleach or chlorine and other products. They say it will hurt it inside. To keep from buying their high price products what can i use. I bought it for cleaning mobil home for mold and mildew. Can anyone help me? Thanks alot.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-05, 11:58 PM
I am not too up on pressure washers but the ones that I have worked on all had a little clear plastic hose pipe about 1/4" ID. with some kind filter on the end that you could use clorox or some kinda soap with.

gesoline model pressure washers anyway,I stay away from electric pressure washers.TOO CHICKEN!!!

Old 03-07-05, 03:56 AM
Super Moderator
scfix413,

You can only use whatever is recommend in the manual if you don't want to damage the machine.
If you bought it for cleaning mold and don't want to spend the money for their product, you could use the washer to remove whatever surface dirt you can with plain water, then use a pump tank garden type sprayer to apply a bleach solution to the surface.
You can then rinse off the bleach with plain water.

There are washers that can withstand chemicals and even hot water, but they are commercial machines that cost much more than you paid for your unit.

Old 03-07-05, 10:53 AM
scfix413
Visiting Guest
Talking Karcher power washer

Thanks for the help folks. Other people says heck, use whatever you want in it. It shouldnt hurt. LOL AGAIN THANKS.

Old 03-07-05, 04:30 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
IF....you decide to use bleach and other chemicals, which I don't reccomend, I would at least suggest that you flush the unit afterwards by putting the soap pickup tube into a bottle of clean water and run that through. Maybe even water with some vinigar, to neutralize the alkaline bleach.

I would use the pump up garden sprayer with a water/bleach solution, and use the pressure washer to blast it clean like Greg said.