Craftsman Chainsaw carb kit??

Old 03-06-05, 06:51 PM
Flapjack
Visiting Guest
Craftsman Chainsaw carb kit??

Hello guys..

I was wondering if anyone had a good source for obtaining a carb rebuild kit for a craftsman chainsaw..I am not sure of the exact model #, but it is a 2.0 Cubic inch and is about 11 years old...not sure if that is enough info though. I called sears and they said they did not carry a kit for this...Any help would be much appriciated!

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-05, 12:11 AM
Exclamation chainsaw carb.kit

yea flapjack,if you have no objections to useing generic(after market) parts go to www.cutterschoice.com.

Old 03-07-05, 10:47 AM
Or, you can use genuine parts, which I highly recommend. It will likely be a Walbro or Zama carburetor and there will be a carb model# as well as a serial# on such. You'll have to remove the carb to visually see these numbers. You should have no trouble finding a Walbro or Zama dealer in your area as these are used on 80% of handheld equipment. If you are unsure of finding the numbers, remove the carb, note all visual numbers and post back with such. I'll do the look-up for you and all you'll have to do is find your local dealer.

Old 03-07-05, 09:00 PM
Flapjack
Visiting Guest
I am so glad I came across this forum!! Thanks for the info!! I'll pull the carb and check for the #'s..If I have any troubles I'll let you know..

Thanks again!

Old 03-11-05, 06:35 PM
carburetor rebuilding kit

For your craftsman chainsaw you can go to the sears parts on line and get what you need. I would however go to a small engine shop and bring in your carburetor along with the model#, serial# of the chainsaw and get your carburetor rebuilding kit. The small engine shop I go to sells stihl, husqvarna, & echo chainsaws. Try your local shops or stores first. dave