Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Anyone seen one of these?

Visiting Guest

03-11-05, 04:46 PM   #1  
Blkbird
Anyone seen one of these?

It was on eBay and was tempted but couldn't pick up any info. So any info is appreciated. i.e. self propelled, yr of manufacture,2/4-cycle,etc.
http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...e=STRK:MEWA:IT
Thanx

Last edited by Blkbird; 03-11-05 at 04:49 PM. Reason: was missing some info

Sponsored Links

CANADA

03-13-05, 08:08 AM   #2  
Blkbird
I'm not a complete authority on this but it sure looks like an older 70's style Snapper. That's a briggs engine on it, 4 cycle and if they gave you the model,type and serial number off the engine you can tell what year it it.

snoman

NY

03-13-05, 08:12 AM   #3  
My experience says this is an early eighties, 4-horse, 4-cycle, rear drive self-propelled John Deere. It has age against it as well as the drive train on these units is weak, not to mention it looks well used....Keep looking, is my opinion.

PA

03-14-05, 06:52 AM   #4  
I had a VERY similar Deere mower bought around 1980 that I used for over 20 years as my trim mower. As a trim mower, it worked very well, but I never used it to cut whole lawns, so it didn't get a lot of hours. It was a good mower and I finally killed it by hitting a hidden tree trunk and bending the crank (I cried as I knew I could not afford to replace it with another one that good). I noticed the seller relisted it more than once and it is currently not available for sale. As mentioned above, this has age going against it and unless you are local to the seller and can avoid shipping charges, or if the price were to go over say $100, I'd pass if it becomes available again on Ebay.

03-18-05, 09:39 AM   #5  
awkward

This is one of the most cumbersome and awkward mowers of that era. Where's your sense of adventure? Ha ha

S/T

Search this Thread