Small Sears Preassure Washer

Old 03-14-05, 09:19 AM
Small Sears Pressure Washer

A neighbor of mine has one of those $200 Sears gas engine pressure washers and it doesn't allow water to flow through the gun before start-up nor does it after start-up. Reading, the manual says that for winter over he should have run RV anti freeze through the pump before storage .... he didn't!

Is this thing shot? What can I do to fix it for him?? We got a small pressurized can of the RV anti freeze and attempted to free the unit ... it sat overnight with the stuff but no change.

All help is greatly appreciated.

Last edited by tea3803; 03-16-05 at 09:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-14-05, 02:36 PM
You're too late with the anti-freeze and likely have damaged the pump beyond repair. The pump is aluminum and if water remains in such and then freezes, it's probably toast. Just like pot-holes in the springtime, water expands when it freezes and causes much damage. You'll have to price a new pump most likely.

Old 03-16-05, 09:27 AM
Found more information on this. He last used it in May of 2004. It sat in his carport shed through the winter. This shed has his gas water heater in it and from my thinking it would not have frozen. But still with the last use about May there should not have been any water to freeze.

But with you saying that its mostly aluminum ... who knows what damage water sitting that long would do? So bottom line is a new pump ... any idea what this would cost and what about the ease of removal/installation?

Thanks again

Old 03-16-05, 02:32 PM
What's the model number of the unit, I'll check on a price for you. But it most likely will be quite costly as compared to the value and/or replacement cost of the whole unit.

Old 03-16-05, 04:09 PM
Just curious but, have to checked the hoses?
Sitting that long, not uncommon for critters to set up house in whatever is available.

Disconnect the hose and see if water will flow through with the garden hose.