Which mower?

Old 03-17-05, 07:45 AM
Rick P
Visiting Guest
Which mower?

I have about 8K square feet I mow,and I need a new mower. I'm looking at a mower that will last for a long time. I'm not going to spend $200 this time. If it costs $750 so be it.

So what do you reccomend for a really nice mower.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-17-05, 09:07 AM
If your 8,000 sq. feet is flat and if you don't need the self propelled feature, I'd recommend checking into the new generation of electric mowers that use batteries and no cord while you mow. Black & Decker makes a nice electric model (http://www.toolking.com/blackndecker/view.asp?id=3211) that is 18" wide, mulches, side discharges or bags, and should handle your area in about 30 minutes or less, unless you have a lot of exotic landscaping to manuver around. The reason I suggest electric is that your lawn size is small, there is almost no maintenance involved, it is quiet, never needs a tuneup, no fuel storage worries, and no twisting your back pull starting it. If your lawn was a lot bigger, then I'd suggest heading out to your local Deere, Toro, Cub Cadet, Honda, Snapper, or Simplicity dealer and see what they have with the proper height handlebars, light weight, offered the discharge feature of your choice, was rear wheel self propelled with caster front wheels. I'd stay away from the $200 box store specials if durability is tops on your list. I personally want a Deere JS63C as the handle bars are the exact right height for me and with 3 speeds it will adjust to those days when I don't walk to fast (bad back).

Old 03-17-05, 06:58 PM
watch out for craftsman they clog up way too easily.