Husqvarna forum

Old 03-18-05, 07:26 PM
Husqvarna forum

Does anyone know if there is a forum which specializes in Husqvarna lawn mowers. I noticed the other day that sears sells them. I've found plenty of forums that deal with motorcycles but not lawn mowers.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-05, 11:44 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know of any. You could check the yahoo clubs. They usually have a forum for almost anything. What info are you looking for? Husquvarna tractors are made by AYP, the same people who make Craftsman tractors.

Old 03-21-05, 07:50 AM
Most forums are a little touchy if a member mentions the "competition". as websites compete for members and daily "hits" to generate ad revenue, so if I were to send you to another forum, this one potentially looses traffic to that one. I am taking my cue from Cheese who is a moderator here, since he mentioned the Yahoo forums, that folks here aren't quite so paranoid. There are several tractor forums out there that are brand specific, and some like this one that help all that come. Tractorforum.com was a very good "all purpose" forum, but recently shut down operations. Several of the moderators there are building a new forum with most of the same features at mytractorforum.com There is also the general forum at GardenWeb, but they tend to do a lot of brand bashing and name calling, so be warned. There is also abbysguide.com which is very similar to this one. If there are specific problems, issues, with your Husqvarna that you need help on, you can also try here, as this forum is filled with helpful folks that will try their best to solve whatever you are dealing with.

If the info I relayed here is taboo, then I appologize right here and will not post this type of info in the future.

Last edited by cheese; 03-22-05 at 02:07 AM.
Old 03-21-05, 11:17 AM
Bontai-Joe,
I'm sorry if I started something, I honestly didn't think about how it would sound. I was just trying to find other forums that might could help, if I run into anything that I couldn't handle. Thanks for the web site.

Old 03-21-05, 11:54 AM
No problems on my end Jack I was just passing along the fact that some forums are less tolerant than here. For instance, some forums ban members for life for even mentioning other forums in a post. It happened to me once (not here obviously) for using the word "Yahoo" in a post when attempting to send someone to a precise website for an answer to their question. So enjoy this place, it's pretty good, explore the others if you wish, and just be careful what references you make about other sites until you get the "feel of the land" at each site.

Old 03-21-05, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the tip Bontai Joe. Some good information to keep in mind.

Old 03-22-05, 02:06 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
These forums are in fact pretty strict, BUT... Jack came HERE for help, and help we will if at all possible. We can't help without giving him some names of other forums. I am, however, editing your post to make the links into names (not hot links). Generally, links are not allowed. Some informational sites may be allowed to be shown, but most all commercial sites (sites with something for sale) are not allowed. Other forums are usually not allowed to be linked to, but in this case, that's the info that was asked for.

In my opinion, it is fine in this instance. Hopefully the "higher powers" will agree.

Old 03-22-05, 06:28 AM
Thank you Cheese for clarifying the rules here. I'll won't post hot links in the future. And I have no problem with your edit. I don't post a whole lot here, but I do check in every day, as you folks seem to be very engine repair oriented and I usually learn something useful every time I "stop by".

Old 03-22-05, 02:00 PM
manofSTIHL
Visiting Guest
Thats too bad...

It is too bad that husky was bought out by Poulan/weed eater a few years ago. I got my hands on a few weed eaters the other day for conversion to outboards. I got a husky a STIHL, and a Poulan brushcutter. I just could not wreck a husky or STIHL. The poulan was a perfect candidate, seeing as it also had a clutch. I had to replace the started cords on the Husky and the poulan. Both were made a few years ago. The differed on the exterior, but inside they were virtually identical. Same clutch, all the same recoil components, and they even appeared to have the same cylinder and carb. Only difference between the two-
one wwas probably a lot more expensive. The moral of my story-
check out the inside of the unit before you buy it. You could be paying a lot for a brand name, when the same thing is being sold a lot cheaper. That is why I buy STIHL.

Old 03-22-05, 10:07 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Stihl makes excellent products, but they too have lower end products. The husquvarna you saw was a homeowners line sold at a competitive price with other department store trimmers to compete in the low end arena. Husquvarna also makes the same quality machines that they made years ago. You just happened upon a bottom of the line one. If I had to choose between upper line Husquvarna and Stihl, I would be thinking for a loooong time. Thankfully, I can and do have both. (saws in this case) They each have their respective qualities.

Old 03-23-05, 01:57 PM
manofSTIHL
Visiting Guest
That is what I thought. It looks as though Husky is now selling more expensive homeowner trimmers. I don't mind their saws, either. Like with STIHL, I prefer Husky's older saws. My old STIHL is built a lot better than the ones in its class STIHL makes today.

Old 03-24-05, 05:44 AM
I recently read that Electroux is looking to spin off Husqvarna so that they can consentrate on their appliance division. Hopefully the newly independant Husqvarna company will at least maintain if not improve the quality of the products thay sell.

Search this Thread