Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

"Universal rebuild" for tecumseh carbs?

Visiting Guest

03-23-05, 12:52 PM   #1  
bioman
"Universal rebuild" for tecumseh carbs?

Anyone know if the the Universal rebuild kit will rebuild a TEC 631701 carburetor?

Dealer isn't certain what the kit contains. This carb is in poor shape, needles and gaskets need replacing. Probably not work $100 for new carb.

Any substitution available?

Engine says HS-50-67086A, Serial 4350B. Looks like a typical flat-top horizontal shaft B&S, maybe 3-5 HP.. but who knows?. Motor is mounted on a an old Snapper front-tine tiller.

Bioman

Sponsored Links

NY

03-23-05, 02:49 PM   #2  
For some odd reason, my 'puter look-up doesn't have the exploded view nor the part numbers to go with such but based on my knowledge of this engine you will need the following Tecumseh parts: 31840, carb kit; 632019, float (if needed); 26756, gasket (carb to manifold); 33673A, gasket (manifold to block). All the other individual parts you should need will be included in the aforementioned kit. Use a quality bath-type cleaner (I like Napa #6401) and let the bare carb soak for 15 minutes. Beware this is a very powerful and caustic cleaner and will ruin all rubber parts as well as most plastic parts. Use rubber gloves and eye protection when using such. Generally, the only plastic part "unremoveable" is the fuel inlet fitting. Letting the carb soak for only 15 minutes usually doesn't bother this part. If it does, the inlet IS replaceable, but you'd like to avoid that if possible.

Search this Thread