Old Snapper

Old 03-28-05, 06:37 PM
jordanstl
Visiting Guest
Question Old Snapper

I received an old snapper, and I finally got it running tonight. It is in really nice condition expect two things. 1. Doesn't have a blade 2. There is a ridiculous looking piece of sheet metal that someone put on to use as a side discharge reflector. The serial # is 54082321 and Model # 21351. So I have two ideas to fix that sheet metal piece. I could try to find the real part that goes there or flatten a new piece of sheet metal out so it blocks off the side discharge hole, paint it red, and buy a mulching blade for it. Would it work? Does anyone have a website where I could look at a parts diagram of it? I have website bookmarked but Snapper isn't listed. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-05, 12:25 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello jordanstl!

You can probably do fair with covering the discharge chute with a piece of sheet metal and using a mulching blade. The problem there is the snapper mulching kit has a baffle that keeps the discharge area from clogging up with grass. It will clog the area without it. Use a gator blade if you do it this way.
The area that clogs will cause clumps of grass to be left behind you.

You would probably get better results by just installing another chute deflector.

Old 03-29-05, 03:16 AM
By design, this unit is a rear bagger but you have three options however. Do you wish to bag, discharge or mulch. Let me know this and i'll supply the part numbers for whichever you choose for the blade and chute area. Also, is this a 3.5 or 4 horse engine? This too is critical should you decide to either bag or discharge.

Old 03-30-05, 12:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Ah, a walk behind then. I assumed too much thinking it was a rider. I don't have too much problem blocking off the chute on smaller walk behinds for mulching, but it still doesn't do as good of a job as a mulch kit.