Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

troy built tiller problem

MO

03-30-05, 11:23 AM   #1  
troy built tiller problem

My 5.5 intek on my troy built had a stuck float when I purchased it. This little old lady bought it and found it was to much for her to handle. The gas was left in the bowl for two years.

I took it apart when I got home clean everything the best I could and got it running. Starts easily but the governor bounces back and forth. I bought me a kit for the carb. Put it in last night using a can of berryman carb cleaner. No improvement at all. Is this do to the governor spring and ajustment? I used it anyway. Seems to have plenty of power even though it is not running right. Also ran much better when I applied some choke.
Any ideas how I can smooth this out?

Brian

Sponsored Links

NY

03-30-05, 02:30 PM   #2  
You'll need to soak the carburetor in a quality bath-type cleaner (I like Napa #6401). This is very strong stuff. Remove all rubber pieces and as many plastic pieces as possible from the carb before soaking. Soak for 15 minutes then flush off with your spray cleaner. Be sure to use rubber gloves and eye protection when using this stuff and don't breathe it in directly.

Search this Thread