Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Valve Guide for Craftsman 143.006200

Visiting Guest

03-30-05, 06:38 PM   #1  
ROCKN SS
Valve Guide for Craftsman 143.006200

I have a Craftsman push mower with a 6.25hp (143.006200) engine with a warn exhaust valve guide. I have the valve and guide removed but the manual only shows a part number for the valve. Is it possible to get a replacement valve guide for this engine?

I've searched all over and can't find this part.

thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

03-31-05, 01:30 AM   #2  
I don't think it is available. Check with an automotive machine shop. They may have a guide that will fit.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

03-31-05, 04:55 AM   #3  
Tecumseh does not have replacement guides, they do however have oversize valve-stem valves...but not for this model. Sorry. You can also check with kart aftermarket race parts suppliers (Appco or American Power Sports comes to mind). Bear in mind though that you'll likely have to pay a machine shop to install these at a hefty price i'd imagine. By the way, this engine isn't very old is it? How is it that you have a worn guide already? Just how much wear do you have do you believe?

Visiting Guest

03-31-05, 12:45 PM   #4  
ROCKN SS
That may not be my problem. Last year the mower just started burning a lot of oil. At the time I just bought a new mower, but figured I would take a look at this one when I got a chance. The mower wasn't that old and doesn't even get used that much (only have a quarter acre lot).

I just tore the motor down and noticed that the exhaust valve had considerably more back and forth play than the intake valve. I don't have any specs so I can't say for sure if it is out of tolerance.

The guide is realy easy to remove and I image would be as easy to re-install, I just tapped it out with a brass punch.

Any other suggestions on what would cause it to burn a lot of oil all of a sudden?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-01-05, 01:14 AM   #5  
Broken ring, clogged or stuck pcv valve, overfull with oil, scored cylinder, wrong oil, gas in oil, warped cylinder from overheating, etc...

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread