Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

MTD Hydrostatic Mower - rear wheels locked

04-04-05, 12:50 PM   #1  
MTD Hydrostatic Mower - rear wheels locked

Good afternoon all,

I own an MTD Hydromatic riding mower

YARD MACHINES / MTD
MODEL # 13AS695G118
SERIAL # 1C057H40090

The problem is the brake is off & I can only move the mower about 2 inches front or back. It's like the brake is on or the hydro is locked up.

Ideas?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-04-05, 09:45 PM   #2  
Are you engaging the hydro release lever/rod? Hydros can't be easily pushed around unless the release is activated.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

04-05-05, 05:59 AM   #3  
Yes, I've released the hydro.

When you say "can't easily be pushed" do you mean to say that if the hydro is released I COULD push it but it would be hard to do? If so, that's not the case here... I can only move the mower about 2" back & forth before the wheels stop.

Almost like how far you could push a car while it's in park.

NY

04-05-05, 02:55 PM   #4  
Perhaps your brake is hanging up in the linkage. On the right side of the tranny is your brake arm. There is a single 5/16" locknut for the adjustment. Loosen this up a few turns in order to eliminate any possible problem at the arm. Also look for any binding in the linkage itself

07-13-13, 06:25 PM   #5  
What was the problem with locked up or stuck brake on hydrostatic trans ?? anyone ??

Forum Topic Moderator

OH

07-13-13, 07:12 PM   #6  
Rick, welcome to the forums. You may have noted that the last post, prior to yours, is eight years old.

If you are having a problem, I suggest starting a new thread with the necessary information.

Woody

You can trust your car - and a whole lot more - to the man who wears a star.

Search this Thread