Tecumseh Carb Choke Plate Screw - Torx?

Old 04-04-05, 01:36 PM
JDS-FL
Visiting Guest
Question Tecumseh Carb Choke Plate Screw - Torx?

I have a Tecumseh HM100 (10-HP Troy Built Shredder) and I can't find a screwdriver to fit the Choke/Throttle Plate screws. T-10 is too big, and T-9 is a bit too small and it will strip if I turn on it.

Are these screws Torx Plus or some other variation? I went to Sears with a screw from the Carb Kit and couldn't find anything there that fit the screw.

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-05, 03:21 AM
This should most certainly be a T-10 driver. I'd say your scrw head is damaged slightly, buy a new screw. The most popular is part #650257 (Tecumseh). Post back with the engine numbers and i'll confirm if this is the one you need.

Old 04-05-05, 10:06 AM
JDS-FL
Visiting Guest
It is a T-10, must be the Craftsman drivers. I had to really force it in, used a small mallet to seat it in the screws, even with the new screws from the carb kit.

Thanks for your help.

John

Old 04-05-05, 02:49 PM
It is your Craftsman driver. I've found most of their mechanics tools are not to specs.

Old 04-06-05, 09:13 AM
Azis
Visiting Guest
Are they Craftsman or Sears? They are two different brands and most definately different quality. Sears brand does not carry the same warranty as Craftsman either. I have a lot of Craftsman tools I have no problems with. I need to expand my Torx selection however...may take a bolt with me or somin....