Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

MTD mower wont start

Visiting Guest

04-05-05, 03:57 PM   #1  
juggalo
MTD mower wont start

okay i have a yard machine LX or thats wut it says on the side its a riding lawn mower at least a 97 because i cant get a owners manual from MTD's site the model number: 13AM6956372 serial number: 1E167H20240

it has all of the fluids it needs an a brand new battery an battery cables an celenoid i belive the blade engager which u have to pull back on to start is either worn out or theres a kill switch somewhere on the engine that needs to be switched over. the engine wont even crank not with the choke out all the way or all the way in its in fairly good condition but im almost certain its some kind of switch because we took it in to a shop last year when this happend an they had it fixed the next day an appeared to have done no wrk on it but it ran if any of you hav any sugestions please help

more specs
engine: briggs an stratton 14.5hp ohv I/C quiet model#:287707 type#:0224-01

Last edited by juggalo; 04-05-05 at 04:14 PM.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-06-05, 01:36 AM   #2  
There is a blade switch. It is located on the inside of the side plate where the blade height lever is. Pull the center plate off where the shift lever is, and look down and to the right (when sitting on the mower) under the dash area. There will be several wires going to the switch. The wires that affect starting are probably orange.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

04-06-05, 03:23 AM   #3  
I'd replace the switch...part #925-1657A. But look closely and it may just be an adjustment that is needed.

Search this Thread