Weedeater Blower

Old 04-06-05, 12:27 PM
doechsli
Visiting Guest
Weedeater Blower

I have a Weedeater blower Vac Model BV200 that has less than 8 hours total usage. When I started it up this year, it was spewing fuel from around the carb and eventually stopped. Upon investigation one of the bolts that holds the carb to the blower appears to be stripped and will not tighten. Before I invest too much time/money on this does anyone know if this is repairable? I know about heli-coils etc. but this bolt is small and I'm not sure it's feasible to fix this. Someone told me these bolts fasten to an adaptor that is replaceable but I haven't torn the whole thing down to see if it's worth while. Anyone familiar with this engine and the carb setup on this model?

Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-05, 02:43 PM
Yes, there is a replaceable "plastic" adapter, part number 530035514. Order this and you'll be on your way...provided you don't also have a carburetor issue whereas the carb is varnished up and thereby not shutting off the fuel supply. FYI, these model blowers are notorious for the cylinder loosening up. While you're at it remove the cylinder screws, apply blue Loctite and reassemble (one at at a time).

Old 04-07-05, 05:58 PM
puey
I don't normally do many 2 cycle machines but for a friend I decided to do his.
I read the first post and your reply because I just got a leaf blower in for repair. It was hard starting and was a reconditioned unit also. I checked for carb problems and just before I was to go and get a carb kit for it, I decided to go all the way into the machine and check what you had mentioned. Go figure....as soon as I get the shrouds off the motor case, sure enough the cylinder had come loose. I had to pull the jug so I could get the O-ring back into place but once I got it back together (with locktite of course) it fired up right away.
Puey....I have one thing to say to you.....THANKS. You made my night easier and I just got a little smarter.

snoman

Old 04-08-05, 03:21 AM
You're welcome snoman.

Old 09-24-08, 02:36 PM
rpm problems

I have the same model leafblower and I'm having problems with the rpm. It starts and runs fine up to about half-throttle, but there is no top end. I've changed the spark plug and checked for any blockages in the fuel system but everything looks okay. I checked the intake filter in the fuel tank--just fine. I can get a little more with the choke but it acts like it is starving for fuel on the top end. Any suggestions?

Old 09-24-08, 07:42 PM
Originally Posted by zekeborne View Post
I have the same model leafblower and I'm having problems with the rpm. It starts and runs fine up to about half-throttle, but there is no top end. I've changed the spark plug and checked for any blockages in the fuel system but everything looks okay. I checked the intake filter in the fuel tank--just fine. I can get a little more with the choke but it acts like it is starving for fuel on the top end. Any suggestions?
Check your exhaust for a plugged spark arrestor screen or plugged exhaust ports.

Old 09-25-08, 10:59 AM
Thanks for the reply. I checked the exhaust, looks clean and clear. I can't help but think it's something in the carburation. It puts a lot of gas and oil out around the blower shroud and under the carb. Nothing major, but I've noticed it get's pretty messy. There aren't any blockages around the impeller or blower tube but it gets pretty gunked up with gas/oil. It almost acts like I'm running too rich of a fuel/oil mix (but I'm using the recommended ratio). Any ideas?

Old 09-25-08, 12:21 PM
Is you fuel mix pretty fresh?

Old gas will not burn complete and you will get a lot of residue from the incomplete burn, low on power and hard to start are also indicators of old fuel.

Old 09-25-08, 06:23 PM
The gas is definitely fresh but at the beginning of the season I ran some of last years gas through it. I was starting to notice a decline on the top end by that point and it got steadily worse throughout the summer. It seems to be kind of stabilized where it is now, which I would guess is somewhere around 60% of max RPM. It just won't go any higher. It starts easily and get's a little smoother after it warms up. It "feels" like the cylinder is loaded up with carbon or the choke is sticking or something to that effect (but I'm pretty sure neither one of those is the problem). I know that sounds wierd but you probably understand what I mean. You are definitely the voice of experience with 30 years.

I took the carb off and cleaned everything the best I could. The fuel line has a good seal, choke is working fine, bubble isn't dry rotted, everything actually seems in great shape. Do you think the cylinder could be loaded up? I'm pretty sure the new plug was gapped right (and I had the problem before I changed the plug anyway).

Old 09-25-08, 07:01 PM
When you had the muffler off how did the cylinder and piston look??

Old 09-27-08, 10:19 AM
30 yr, you're the man!! I guess my lack of expertise shows here, but I didn't pull the muffler the first time. I just pulled it and found a little build up around the exhaust port. I scraped it out and it runs like it's band new. I really appreciate it. They would have probably charged me 100.00 to put it in the shop. I really do appreciate you.

Zeke

Old 09-28-08, 05:58 PM
Well I doubt that they would have charged that much, but who knows. Glad you got it going.

Old 09-30-08, 09:46 AM
Hey 30, back again with more woes. It ran great for a day, but the next day it wouldn't even hit a lick. Can't get it to fire at all. Would the ignition module be the likely culprit?

Old 09-30-08, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by zekeborne View Post
Hey 30, back again with more woes. It ran great for a day, but the next day it wouldn't even hit a lick. Can't get it to fire at all. Would the ignition module be the likely culprit?
May just be a bad spark plug, check for spark by removing the plug and plugging it into the plug wire, then ground the base of the plug against a metal portion of the engine and pull the starter rope and observe the plug for spark. If you have no spark then the module may be bad.

Old 10-02-08, 05:43 PM
Turns out the compression is almost zero, I guess I've pretty much worn that one out. I found another one (same model, newer year) on e-bay. I think I'll just get it since I have all the attachments anyway and keep the old one for parts. Thanks for your help, I really appreciate it.

Z

Old 10-04-08, 07:55 PM
You think this thing is worth re-building? Can't be that much to it--what would a kit cost?

Old 10-18-08, 05:35 PM
Same issue on BV200 Weedeater blower

Thanks for the posts. I have the identical symptoms and history with my blower/vac. Have you tried soaking the carb in cleaner? There are two carb adjustment screws that appear to have a knurled post rather than screwdriver slot for adjustment on the side of the carb but it in a very confined area. Any tip for adjusting these easily? I've gotten it to start and studder just from a little fuel directly in the carb but it won't stay running either. I believe it's starved for fuel.

Old 09-28-10, 12:46 PM
i have one of these blower vac and i can't find out what the gap should be between the ign module and the flywheel any ideas?

Old 09-28-10, 01:47 PM
Me and most everyone I know uses a business card between the flywheel magnets and coil to set the gap.
hth