Snapper 6hp riding mower

Old 04-10-05, 01:48 PM
Snapper 6hp riding mower

This engine was running fine until today alway's start's first pull..Now today nothing..Took the plug out and it is getting spark where would i go from here to get this thing running?

Thankyou for your help..

Brian

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-05, 02:25 PM
Nevermind......

Old 04-10-05, 08:03 PM
What would cause the mower to loose alot of power once the blade is engaged?

Thankyou..

Brian

Old 04-11-05, 12:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Brian,

When was the last time it was running right? Did it sit for a while with old gas in it? It sounds like your carburetor throttle shaft is stuck.

Old 04-11-05, 04:44 PM
Well i got it to start...I did not have the key turned to run,,....DOH...But it has always had a problem when i engage the blade it just don't want to mow..Now i know that this mower should mow because that is what it was designed to do..I thought maybe because it was a 6hp that may be the problem..But the more i think about it they would not have made it if it would'nt do it..So it must be in need of a rebuild or something...It run's real good start's on the first pull idles very well has plenty of pep till i engage the blade then it want's to die..

Thanx for all the help..

Brian

Old 04-12-05, 12:58 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Are you certain the mower came equipped with a 6 hp engine? I think you have carb problems if this engine is factory matched to the mower.

Old 04-12-05, 09:06 AM
my little 6hp snapper has to be idled up pretty good for me to engage the
blades..

Old 04-12-05, 02:54 PM
This sounds like an older rear engine rider, in which case you have one blade. I'd check the condition of the bearings related to the blade drive...blade spindle bearing assembly and belt idler pulley bearing.

Old 04-12-05, 04:20 PM
Originally Posted by puey61
This sounds like an older rear engine rider, in which case you have one blade. I'd check the condition of the bearings related to the blade drive...blade spindle bearing assembly and belt idler pulley bearing.

Yep that is what i have...Its the high vac model all original engine and all...So you think it may be due to the bearings and such?This mower has less than 400 hour's on it..I will look into the bearings and such..

Thanx for all the help!