Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Snapper 8hp

Visiting Guest

04-11-05, 07:03 PM   #1  
snapperpos
Snapper 8hp

I have a snapper rear engine rider. Recently I replaced the drive disk and the hub pulley and plate that turns the drive disk. I removed the motor completely off the frame to replace the hub pulley and plate. When I bolted the motor back down reconnected all the wires and fuel line, and since I put the motor back on the motor turns over but it isn't getting any fire to the plug. any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. Thanks Joe

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-12-05, 12:49 AM   #2  
Look for a single black wire coming from under the blower shroud. Disconnect it from wherever it is connected to. Then check for spark. If still none, then the coil is bad, or the black wire is shorted somewhere. If there is spark, then the kill switch or something in series with it is bad or not making contact with ground for some reason (maybe a neutral safety switch).

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

04-13-05, 07:16 PM   #3  
snapperpos
Snapper 8hp

Thanks for the reply. We figured it out it was a split key way thorwing it out of time. thanks for the help though. Joe

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-14-05, 12:40 AM   #4  
Good job! You should have had spark then, if it was just the flywheel key sheared. (although it would be out of time as you noted). Either way, glad you got it fixed.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

04-24-05, 03:48 AM   #5  
Posted By: snapperpos I have a snapper rear engine rider. Recently I replaced the drive disk and the hub pulley and plate that turns the drive disk. I removed the motor completely off the frame to replace the hub pulley and plate. When I bolted the motor back down reconnected all the wires and fuel line, and since I put the motor back on the motor turns over but it isn't getting any fire to the plug. any suggestions would be deeply appreciated. Thanks Joe
I recently replaced my aging 8hp w/a B+S 14.5hp. Ran into a similar problem.
Sounds to me like there must be a wire grounding some where. Check all your wiring and replace if needed.

t

Search this Thread