Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Speed up B&S Intek motor a bit??..

04-13-05, 12:41 PM   #1  
Speed up B&S Intek motor a bit??..

I just put a brand new Briggs & Stratton Intek 206 5.5hp OHV horizontal shaft engine, model #126332-0036-E1 on an older model Yazoo belt-driven mower...It starts and runs great (it should, it's brand new) but it pulls the mower a little slower than I'd like...Is there an easy, safe way to increase the engine speed just a tad??..It has the "tortoise-hare" throttle lever, and at full speed it's just a little slower than I want...

Don't want to tear into a brand new engine and tinker around unless it's easy enough for a novice to do...

Any help greatly appreciated,
Matt

Last edited by Slaphppy7; 04-13-05 at 03:36 PM.

Sponsored Links

04-13-05, 03:37 PM   #2  
Sorry, I put the wrong model # earlier...I edited my post to show the correct one

Matt

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-14-05, 12:45 AM   #3  
Hello Matt!

First, a couple of things: The engine warranty may be voided by such modifications, and secondly: the engine should be running about the same speed as the last one unless the last one was changed.

With that aside, there is a spring connected to the governor arm. The other end is connected to a piece that moves when you change throttle position on the "turtle/hare" lever. The tighter this spring is, the faster the RPM will be. Careful, don't blow it up!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

04-14-05, 02:52 AM   #4  
Thanks Cheese, I'll give it a look...

Matt

Search this Thread