Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Tecumseh VLV55

GA

04-20-05, 04:11 AM   #1  
Tecumseh VLV55

Hi,

My lawnmower started to make a whistling sound & then died while I was mowing the grass. It was not under a large load, not out of gas & it has oil in it. It does not sound like a metal on metal sound, it sounds more like a human whistling. I checked the blade & there is nothing rapped around it. Also, when I try to crank it, all I hear is that whistling sound & a faint attempt to start.

Thanks for any help

Sponsored Links

NY

04-20-05, 10:43 AM   #2  
Sounds like you have an exhaust valve issue. Whether it be the valve face or the valve seat (most likely), this would require the head be removed to inspect.

05-19-09, 07:42 PM   #3  
New old VLV55

Hi. I just inherrited a Tecumseh VLV55 and it needs some work. There is no blade or blade accessories, ie. bolt or washers to hold blade on. I have just spent about 15 minutes trying to find out about it. Funny, the cover on the lawn mower says it's an Agway 5HP/22" Side Discharge but even that didn't really help me. Does anyone know what blade and blade accessory package I need?

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-20-09, 12:54 AM   #4  
That's going to depend more on the mower manufacturer and model rather than the engine model.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NH

05-20-09, 07:31 AM   #5  
Posted By: enriquespappa Hi. I just inherrited a Tecumseh VLV55 and it needs some work. There is no blade or blade accessories, ie. bolt or washers to hold blade on. I have just spent about 15 minutes trying to find out about it. Funny, the cover on the lawn mower says it's an Agway 5HP/22" Side Discharge but even that didn't really help me. Does anyone know what blade and blade accessory package I need?
Got the model number on the mower? Many Agway's were made by MTD.

Search this Thread