mtd yard machine wont start

Old 04-20-05, 10:55 AM
street_racer
Visiting Guest
mtd yard machine wont start

I need some help with my mtd. I cant seem to find a model number on it i think that it has been worn off. any ways it has a 5hp b and s on it. it was running fine then the blade came loose and it died. there are 3 bolts that hold the blade one two of them are gone. the one in the middle that i believe controls the clutch and one of the out side ones. I got a new bolt from the hardware store for the out side one but cant find one to fit the clutch one what can i do about this. it will not start and i think it must need that bolt. can any one tell me where i might be able to find one? I went to mtd web site and that was no help. also could the mower have jumped time when the blade came loose and swung around? thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-05, 08:27 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello street racer,

I am not sure what you are calling a clutch. I assume this is a walk behind mower. There is no clutch for the blade. When the blade came loose, there's a possibility that the flywheel key sheared, throwing it out of time. The blade must be tight before you can start it.

Search this Thread