Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need Help - Craftsman 25 HP Automatic Lawn Tractor

Visiting Guest

04-21-05, 02:03 PM   #1  
wheelterrapin
Need Help - Craftsman 25 HP Automatic Lawn Tractor

Folks my sister called me today for help. She has a Craftsman Automatic Lawn Tractor 25 HP 48" cut that broke the primary belt. For some reason the primary belt o this mower was a 3/4" wide belt however the parts book said it should be a 1/2" wide belt. She took the broken belt to an auto parts supplier and they gave her a replacemenbt belt. She could not get it on so she called me. I went out and tried to get the belt on and immediately saw that this belt was too short. She took it back and went to the local sears store and got the right belt (1/2" wide belt) but she called me back and said it was still too short, it would not go on.

Can anyone provide me with a clear picture of how the belts on this deck go on, maybe we are threading it wrong. The picture in the little sears book is so small and of such poor quality I cannot tell much about it.

Thanks for the help.

Sponsored Links
Visiting Guest

04-22-05, 04:00 AM   #2  
Azis
If you get the model # of the tractor and go here, http://www3.sears.com/
you should be able to find a Illustrated parts list and maybe an owners manual.

GL

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-22-05, 09:16 PM   #3  
Are you sure it's the primary belt you are in need of and getting? I beieve the primary belt is 3/4" and the secondary is 1/2". The primary just goes to the PTO clutch and the top sheave on the double stack pulley. It may have a spring loaded tensioner pulley midway. There is usually a belt routing diagram under the foot rest on the left side of the mower, and possibly a belt# listed on a sticker under the hood.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread