Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

rebuild tecumsehcarb need pics

Visiting Guest

04-25-05, 05:03 AM   #1  
chip t
rebuild tecumsehcarb need pics

I need to see how a tecumseh carb is re build had atiller given to me gas runs out of the bowl . got a repair kit but the kit has more parts then i got when tore it down .

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-25-05, 09:13 PM   #2  
A lot of the parts won't be used. They include enough parts to make the kit applicable for several models. No single carb will use all of the parts. I think the main thing you'll need to be concerned with is the needle and seat.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

04-25-05, 11:26 PM   #3  
Also pay close attention to the float for any fluid in it as this will cause it to sink, not float. By the way, you will not find a single book, that i'm aware of, that will show you a step by step of a carburetor rebuild. All books/manuals are too general to do this as there are much too many different models/types of carbs as well as engines for that to happen.

Visiting Guest

04-26-05, 03:28 AM   #4  
Azis
This may not cover every step by step by model, but it does have lots of good stuff and does reference the different carbs. Been a while since I looked but I believe it has a procedure for Tecumseh carb overhaul.

http://www.cpdonline.com/692509.pdf

Visiting Guest

04-27-05, 04:44 PM   #5  
Oregon Sunset
Score thanks!

Search this Thread