Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Is there a Kelly Blue Book Value for mowers

FL

04-27-05, 12:24 AM   #1  
Is there a Kelly Blue Book Value for mowers

I am looking to sell a Craftsman riding mower (17 HP - Automatic) that will be 3 years old in OCT.

What would be a good price?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-27-05, 09:48 PM   #2  
Hello Jim!

No blue book that I know of. I don't know any specifics about the mower, so I will assume that it's probably a 42" cut. DYT 4000 maybe? What did it cost? $1400 - $1600? For the age of the mower, you can probably get close to half the price you paid for it new without much trouble.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

04-27-05, 11:05 PM   #3  
Going back a couple years, I thought I read of a "blue book" in one of our trade magazines. Although I haven't paid much attention recently, I'll be on the look-out for such and post back if I come up with something. I'm in agreement with cheese...About half the price when purchased new.

PA

04-28-05, 08:43 AM   #4  
Yeah, there is a blue book for lawn tractors, but I don't know where you can get a copy. I have seen it mentioned in other forums. In my neck of the woods, you would be able to sell your Craftsman for 1/3 to 1/2 of what you paid for it. Prices on them are low in north NJ, northeast PA not because the of tractor, but because there are so many for sale. It's a community of corporate workers that buy and sell their houses and move often, chasing jobs, so the market always has lots of mowers of this type for sale. Seldom see high end tractors for sale. I guess the majority of folks buy the under $2000 machines at their favorite box store, because they know they aren't going to own them too long.

04-28-05, 09:02 AM   #5  
Foley-Belsaw has an OPE Blue Book in their catalog that you can buy.

Search this Thread