Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

starter switch replacement

04-29-05, 12:51 PM   #1  
starter switch replacement

I have a Sentinel riding tractor
model # g3912010
12 hp /39 inch cut

The ignition key switch is plastic and the key has rounded out the hole and now the key won't turn on the ignition.
It's a older mower and aint worth much but it cuts the grass,lol.
At first it wouldn't start with the turn of the key all the way to the right to start position but i could turn it and leave it at the almost far right position to run position and just jump a wire across the main power feed block at the two nuts and it would start and run good, but now the key won't turn to run position and i would like to just wire in a toggle switch to start it without jump wiring it anymore too,lol.
What wires on the back that plug into the key switch do i need to use for the new ignition switch to start and run.
thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

04-29-05, 10:31 PM   #2  
Hello Wade1!

There are so many possible wiring configurations that I couldn't begin to tell you without seeing it or a diagram. There is a lot more to it than just a couple of wires though. The engine kill circuit is also there, the safety system probably runs through the switch, and possibly the charging system. You'd be money AND time ahead to just get a new switch. It's probably less than $20.00.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

04-30-05, 04:57 AM   #3  
This is a Murray product. Find a local dealer. Switch part # 327354, Key part # 327350. You'll be on your way for less than $15.

04-30-05, 12:24 PM   #4  
thanks guys, I don't have a lawn dealer very close, but i know where one is in the next town. a switch would be the best bet. oh well just an idea.
thanks.

Search this Thread