synthetic oil

Old 05-01-05, 03:12 AM
cdish
Visiting Guest
synthetic oil

I understand oil is oil and it wil get dirty. However, if I use synthetic oil in my ride-on mower beside other lubricant and cooling advantages, is it safe to say I may not have to change my oil every season. One season for me is no more than 20hrs.

Thanks,
Cory

Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-05, 03:13 PM
Cory,

Keep In Mind That The Mower Runs Alot Hotter Than A Regular Engine... And The Cost Of Oil Is Cheaper And A Engine....

I Have Three Tractors I Use 1 Maybe To A Year And They All Get Changed And Serviced Needed Or Not... One Is 20yrs Old Another 16 Yrs And One 5 Years Old... And No Engine Problem Yet...

Old 05-01-05, 09:14 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello Cory!

I agree that it is better to err by changing the oil too often than not enough.

I also know synthetic oil withstands high temps better than coventional oil, and won't break down or shear out as easily. If one season only amounts to 20 hrs, and the conditions aren't extremely harsh, then you can probably get much more than 20 hours out of even conventional oil. I reccomend changing it anyway, just for because oil is so much cheaper than an engine. I personally use regular oil, and change it. I may switch to synthetic one day just for fun, but don't plan on altering my oil change schedule. My main mower is 20 this year.