Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Techumseh 10hp

Visiting Guest

05-02-05, 01:49 PM   #1  
bluroo
Techumseh 10hp

I have a Craftsman Modle #143.991004 with a 10hp Techumseh that I just rebuilt the carb on because the engine was hunting in all speeds and wont stay running I cleaned out all the passages with compressed air and a arosole carb spray cleaner. I have done just about every thing in the book and still cant get the thing to idle evenly or even get it to stay running long enouph to warm up. I took the gas tank off and cleaned it and took the line off and cleaned it. I am now beeting my head against a wall. Any one have any sugestions as to what I can do? The gas cap ventalates just fine. Not plugged cant find a full filter any where on the dang thing so i asume there isnt one. I am thinking of puting an inline filter on it tho. Thanks for any and all help. Bluroo

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-02-05, 07:36 PM   #2  
Hello bluroo!

Sounds to me like the carb is still clogged. Use a bath type carb cleaner to soak it in. Remove all rubber parts, they will swell in this type of cleaner.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread