Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

McCulloch blower/vac engine info

05-06-05, 05:44 PM   #1  
McCulloch blower/vac engine info

I want to convert an old but reliable McCulloch Eager Beaver model 400048-06 blower/vac engine to a use on a Radio Control plane but I have to know its displacement to determine if and how I can use it. Can anyone tell me, or point me to a source that can tell me, the engine's make and/or model and displacement? I've had the engine out of the plastic case but haven't removed the heat shields or otherwise disassembled it so I haven't found any identifying marks. There's no info about the engine in the user manual and I've searched the net for info but found nothing. I'd rather not disassemble it and measure bore and stroke but will as a last resort.

Does the "06" in the model number indicate a letter, such as "F"? I've found 400048C, D, E, and F on the Internet but not 400048-06.

Can anyone tell me where I can get an electronic ignition conversion kit other than from CH Ignition?

(Yes I know I can buy an engine ready-made but what's the fun in that?)

Thanks,
Bidwin

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-08-05, 11:30 PM   #2  
Sorry Bidwin, I haven't got any Mculloch info.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NY

05-09-05, 03:32 AM   #3  
This engine is 21.2cc. Yes, the "06" indicates an "F". It should already have a solid state ignition, part # 219958.

05-09-05, 05:26 PM   #4  
Thanks for the info, Puey.
Bidwin

Search this Thread