Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

carb help

05-06-05, 08:47 PM   #1  
carb help

I have a bs 191702 I took the carb off during a rebuild of this engine, now I can't remeber where the choke and gov/ throtle controls go I have looked on bs site and thier pic's are even more confuseing any ideas ?

Crom60

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-08-05, 11:27 PM   #2  
Hello crom60!

Unfortunately, there were several different configurations of choke and governor controls and linkages on that series engine. A pic might help, but there's no way to guess how yours is set up.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

05-09-05, 09:43 AM   #3  
Azis
U should have a throttle bracket that the cable attatches to, with a plastic slide that meshes with a geared cam on the back side. When the slide is at one end of travel the cam should engage another linkage, this goes to the choke. The other rod goes from the govenor lever to the butterfly valve of the carb. There should also be a small spring on the backside from the govenor lever to the bracket.
This is a generic description, as Cheese mentioned there are quite a few variations but the manuals show the same basic parts and connections.

Search this Thread