Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

murray ridding mower brake problem

05-07-05, 06:31 PM   #1  
murray ridding mower brake problem

I have a murray wide body 40 inch cut with a b&s 12.5 hp.the model number is on a sticker below the seat and cant be read.I have one pedal on the front left foot side....there was a sticker that said brake/clutch...i never used the pedal to shift gears,i was told its a shift on the go..so only used the pedal to stop....now the pedal does not stop me, just slows down..i found no adjustment from the pedal to the rear end...where or how could i adjust this pedal to stop the rider..thank you..

the rider was made approx 1995, 1998...its a lawn tractor not garden
it has a lever on left rear fender for cut adjustment and a lever on right rear fender for gear selection..6 forward and reverse..hope this is enough info without model number..thank you Russ

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-08-05, 10:31 PM   #2  
Hello Russ!

Look under the mower near the rear wheel on the right hand side. There should be a spring that pulls a lever there when the brake pedal is pushed. This lever is attatched to the side of the tranny with a 1/2" nut. This is the brake lever, and turning that nut clockwise tightens the brake.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

05-09-05, 09:35 AM   #3  
i followed your advise, and brakes are now tight...thanks for your time and knowledge Cheese.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-10-05, 01:35 AM   #4  
Anytime! Glad I could help!

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread