Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Black & Decker MM675 18" Lawn Hog Electric Mulching Mower

Visiting Guest

05-14-05, 07:13 PM   #1  
belcherman

I have the above mower. I was mowing the awn when it started vibrating. I checked later and it appears the blade is loose. I can try to tighten it but it won't tighten and jsut keeps spinning. I do not have the user manual. Is there a specific way you would do this? It would be the same you would have to do to take the blade of or tighten it. Thanks.

Here is a link to a page that has the mower on it.

http://www.toolking.com/blackndecker/view.asp?id=1719

Sponsored Links

05-14-05, 08:18 PM   #2  
Posted By: belcherman Black & Decker MM675 18" Lawn Hog Electric Mulching Mower

I have the above mower. I was mowing the awn when it started vibrating. I checked later and it appears the blade is loose. I can try to tighten it but it won't tighten and jsut keeps spinning. I do not have the user manual. Is there a specific way you would do this? It would be the same you would have to do to take the blade of or tighten it. Thanks.

Here is a link to a page that has the mower on it.

http://www.toolking.com/blackndecker/view.asp?id=1719
If the bolt keeps spinning, it may be stripped out. If the blade keeps spinning, the you need to hold the shaft and tighten at the same time. Also, it may make it easier to hand-tighten and then finish it off with tools. Good luck.

Visiting Guest

05-15-05, 11:34 AM   #3  
belcherman
Yeah I was jsut basically tightening the bolt on the bottom of the blade. I guess you use a pair of vise grips or something to hold the shaft and then tighten the blade bolt on the bottom. I was not sure if I had to take the top cover off to access the top and hold it there. I guess it can come loose after a certain amount of use. I even when to black and deckers site. YOu would think they would at least have the user manuals for thre products up ther ein .pdf or something but nothing................. How hard is it to do that

Search this Thread