Drive belt for riding Lawn mower

Old 05-18-05, 03:12 PM
jduff845
Visiting Guest
Exclamation Drive belt for riding Lawn mower

I need some help on how to change the drive belt on a Lawn chief Riding mower I have everything apart but where the belt attaches to the motor pulley there are guides that don't come off. The best I can figure is the pulley must come off? I took off the bolt on the bottom of the pulley I thought maybe it would slide down but that didn't work either. Any input on this actually works would be appreciated.

1995 Lawn chief
42 inch Deck
Tecumseh 16 Horsepower
Dom63125

Thanks Justin

Sponsored Links
Old 05-18-05, 06:02 PM
If Your Trying To Get Belt Onto The Motor Pulley .. Yes Take Out Bolt Pull Pulley Done And Put On Belt .. Hold In Place And Push Pulley Bak Up And Re-install Bolt... May Need To Tap Pulley Off And Put Anti Seize On Motor Shaft Before Sliing Pulley Back On....

Old 05-19-05, 03:23 AM
The engine pulley is likely seized to the crankshaft and you could wind up having to ruin it to get it off. However, I have yet to see an unremoveable belt guide, although it certainly is possible. Take a closer look at them as there could be a nut on the top side of the frame for each and simply loosening each slightly should do the trick.