Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Generator, no electricity

Visiting Guest

05-19-05, 05:56 AM   #1  
skydivejim
Generator, no electricity

I bought a generator, Mitsubishi MGE 5800, at an auction knowing it will have problems.
The engine runs great, but no electricity at the outlets. Iíve searched the WEB for manuals, schematics, and trouble-shooting info to no avail.

Any clues where to start or where I can find such info?

Thanks, Jim

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-19-05, 11:50 PM   #2  
Hello Jim!

Sorry, I ahev no info about your generator. You may just need to excite the field windings to repolarize them. This is a fairly simple operation in most cases, but I am not certain about how it is done. A member here named Jughead knows the procedure....maybe he'll show up with some advice. You could see what you can find about exciting the field on a generator on a search engine.

You might also have bad contacts, brushes, etc...

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

05-20-05, 08:01 AM   #3  
skydivejim
Actually, I did find that thread at http://forum.doityourself.com/showthread.php?t=188605
Unfortunately this procedure did not work.
So I was able to find a Mitsubishi tech support number and I received more help than I expected. No voice recordings, ďlive personĒ and immediate transfer to a tech. He emailed me an attachment with trouble-shooting tips. He also said that the said procedure does not work on Mitsubishi.

Now I have to learn and understand basic terms such as ďAVR, rectifier, idle board, field winding, and charge coilĒ.

I can copy and paste what he sent to me for Mitsubishi generators if the moderator of this forum would like me to. I guess thatís you Cheese. It is a step-by-step trouble-shooting procedure, containing info regarding what voltages should be read at certain color coded wires.

Let me know if you want me to paste it. Meanwhile, Iíll try to find generator basics for myself.

Jim

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-21-05, 01:27 AM   #4  
If it's not copyrighted material, then you may post the info. We'll help figure it out if we can.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread