Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Kubota Lawn Tractor

Visiting Guest

05-21-05, 07:56 AM   #1  
gp1
Kubota Lawn Tractor

I just blew the engine on my Gravely 8122 (12hp Kohler). The Gravely has been one heck of a machine. Had been running for over twenty mowing seasons. I think now is the time to retire it. Although the transmission is in excellent condition.

To get anything near the same quality, I'm leaning towards a new Kubota GR2100; diesel. Has a pretty hefty price tag. $7000.00

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Pro's/Cons?

Thanks
gp1

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NC

05-23-05, 04:22 PM   #2  
The smallest Kubota I have owned was a BX2200, which is still above your size range, but here is my opinion. I'm sure there will be a lot of people chiming in once I start comparing orange and green... Generally I think you get more tractor for your money with Kubota, but John Deere's seem to provide a better cut (grass). The JD's tend to be more user friendly (easier for the inexperienced operator) have more ergonomic features and are more expensive. I feel Kubota is more a meat & potatoes machine. You get more meat (engine, frame, heavier axels) but it is not as "kushy" as a green machine.

PS: Currently I've got one JD and one Kubota at the house. The JD is used solely for cutting grass, and the Kubota does all the tractor work.

Search this Thread