Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2 cycle gas blower engine

Visiting Guest

05-21-05, 10:41 AM   #1  
heckle
2 cycle gas blower engine

Can anybody solve the following problem for me?

I inadvertently filled my 2-cycle craftsman blower engine with regular gasoline instead of mixing it with the standard 40:1 2-cycle air cooled engine oil, and realized my goof when it would not start. What's the best way to get it up and running again? Is it necessary to have the carburetor cleaned out and the gas filter replaced?
heckle

Sponsored Links

NY

05-21-05, 10:54 AM   #2  
From the sounds of your post, it did not start up after refilling. It certainly should have, but fortunately for you it didn't. If it had, it would be only a matter of 5 minutes or so of run time and the engine would be toast. Provided it did not run for even a few seconds dump the fuel from the tank, add the correct mixture and now deal with the start failure. The easiest step is to try a new spark plug being sure to inspect for spark prior to installing such. If you actually did run the engine for a bit, remove the muffler and check the condition of the piston and cylinder. It likely will be scored. Post back.

Search this Thread