B&S - Blades don't disengage

Old 05-22-05, 10:32 AM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
B&S - Blades don't disengage

I've got a old MTD model 134L667F118 with a B&S model 289707 12.5 HP motor- about 12 years old- gave to my son to mow his yard- ran fine for a year- last week when he tried to crack it with the deck up and the clutch-brake pushed in (blades should be dis-engaged), the blades started turning over while trying to crack- can anyone tell me the reason this started occuring? Also, having a slight electrical problem with the battery not charging properly- is this a DC or AC system? and what should we be looking for. Thanks

Old 05-22-05, 02:43 PM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
The Brake Pads For The Deck Under The Footrest May Be Worn.... Ac Comes Fm Motor And A Diode Changes To Dc In The Circuit... Check Voltage At Battery At Full Throttle If 14-17 Vdc Charging System Is Ok...

Old 05-23-05, 03:27 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Generally, you don't need the blade brakes for the blades to stop rotating...Disengaging alone should accomplish this. Has your son recently hit an immoveable object with the deck? I would wonder if the deck is off alignment. If so, you may need to replace one or more of the deck hangers to regain alignment.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: