Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ryobi [weedeater engine running] problem

Visiting Guest

05-22-05, 10:54 AM   #1  
sniper3270
ryobi [weedeater engine running] problem

I have a ryobi weedeater model#790r EZ a ladie brought it to me to work on would not run right tryed set screws started off with 1/1/2 high 1 low got it cranked tryed to adjust would run a little better but rough rebuilt carb. no change noticed leaking behind carb. manifold gasket fine carb tight push primer to get started gas started to pour out of carb. i don't know if it's the cap or what i need some help i think i tryed everything but the cap tight or lose still runs the same is there anything else to try???

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-23-05, 12:28 AM   #2  
You still have a carb problem. Did you install a kit?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Visiting Guest

05-23-05, 04:10 PM   #3  
sniper3270
ryobi weedeater problem

Hey cheese..... yes i installed a kit and soaked the carb. for two days only thing left to do is manifold gasket and or cap the carb. is leaking between the carb. and manifold gasket but gasket is good maybe cap not venting or the new neddle i install is not good???

NY

05-24-05, 03:28 AM   #4  
Pull the muffler off (and apart if possible) and check for carbon build-up at the outlet port(s) as well as the exhaust port for any blockage. If there is a screen in the muffler pay special attention to this.

Visiting Guest

05-24-05, 03:36 PM   #5  
sniper3270
ryobi problem

I allready done the muffler took it off and soaked it for about 2 days this muffler doesn't come apart that's all i know to do the thing may be shot i'll try the new gasket behind the carb. and see what that does

04-21-07, 12:06 PM   #6  
Ryobi 775R FuelFilter problem

I have a new fuelfilter for this weedeater. The problem is I can't get the filter with the tube on it to fully seat. I can just get it started, but it just won't go down anymore. Do you have any good advice on how to make it go down all the way ?

Search this Thread