Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need Sears Snowblower Model No., 9hp 30"

Visiting Guest

05-22-05, 05:30 PM   #1  
permitwriter
Need Sears Snowblower Model No., 9hp 30"

I need a model # for this snowblower so I can order parts. It has a Tecumseh 9 HP engine & a 30" clearing width. It's not a current model but it is less than 2 years old. Sears is no help.

Sponsored Links

NY

05-23-05, 03:23 AM   #2  
Beign only 2 years old, I doubt that the chassis ID tag is missing. Look closely at the frame area where the engine mounts to it for the tag containing a model and serial number. If it is greasy, wipe it down with a towel. It likely will start with 917. Or if it happens to be a MTD-built thrower it will start off with 247. If, however, you need engine parts you will need engine ID #'s. Again there will be a tag affixed somewhere, only this time on the engine itself and being a 9 horse will begin with HMSK90 and then followed by the specification number. Just what parts do you need?

Visiting Guest

05-23-05, 06:29 PM   #3  
permitwriter
The tag is missing. I bought it on Ebay. The seller had a very high feedback rating with thousands of ratings so I didn't expect a problem. The listing explained that it needed parts but I figured "no problem-Sears has parts for everything" and I'm pretty good with mechanical stuff. I didn't realize it had no model # and Sears couldn't/wouldn't provide one. I even wrote the main customer service office & they called me but couldn't help.

The seller said they get them from the factory near them in south Georgia. I'm guessing it is a customer return or maybe a factory reject. It was dusty but appears to have little use. The engine runs good and everything else seems ok. I need both idler wheels at the very least. I also need the rod/cable that engages the drive wheels, pulley housing cover, and whatever holds the headlight in place, but I can "invent" all of that. I got the model # off an 11 hp that was still in a Sears store in April and one of the idlers looks the same but one is different. Thank you for the info you provided, at least it's a start.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-25-05, 11:45 PM   #4  
Any chance you can find an old sears catalog? Maybe you can find the model in it. Also, you could try searching for sears snowblowers on ebay or a search engine and see if you can find one like yours for sale and get the model# off it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread