Honda Harmony self propelled push mower problem

Old 05-23-05, 07:25 AM
vwbr
Visiting Guest
Question Honda Harmony self propelled push mower problem

And now for the mower, Its about 3 years old. Its starts up fine. But when I go to mow the lawn it sputters and shuts off. So it won't run under load. The only way for me to mow the lawn is for me to move the throttle past the running position and into around half choke. Its not at full rpm but it stays running. Oddly, it does it more in the spring than in the summer. I remember last summer it fixed itself, but this time it hasn't fixed itself yet. The fuel is new. Thanks again.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-23-05, 02:53 PM
vwbr
Visiting Guest
Actually it doesn't matter if it is under load or not. It just wont run at full throttle, it sputters.

Old 05-23-05, 02:54 PM
Sorry, vwbr, they don't fix themselves. Hehe. Sounds like you should disect the carburetor, spray clean with a carb or brake cleaner and get some compressed air to it being careful not to blow out any critical parts. Some knowledge of these carbs would be a help but not necessary. Good luck and let us know.

Old 05-27-05, 03:42 PM
vwbr
Visiting Guest
Well, I put a new plug in it, and I took off the carb and cleaned it out. There looked too be some grass around the main pipe that was in the center of the carb. Put it all back together, it seems to run better now, however now it won't run in the idle position, it conches out. But I never really use that setting anyway so I guess I won't worry about it. It seems the linkages on the throttle valve arent working right. I'll have to to to the store and look at a new one to see how it is supposed to work.