Any Opinions on Opti-2 2-Cycle Oil

Old 05-24-05, 09:34 AM
rjkern
Visiting Guest
Question Any Opinions on Opti-2 2-Cycle Oil

Anyone have personal experience with Opti-2 2-cycle lubricant. Any comments on the long term use of this product? If I remember right, if you follow the directions on the pouch you end up with a mixture that's around 75:1. I mixed the pouch with 3/4 gallon of gas which got it pretty close to 50:1. I didn't feel comfortable with a 75:1 mix. Should I be concerned? It seems to burn real clean at 50:1. I just want to make sure this stuff won't damage my equipment.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-05, 11:40 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Sorry, I've heard of it, seen it, but never used it. Is it synthetic 2 stroke lubricant? Anything other than the ratio reccomended by the manufacturer can void the warranty if you still have one. I don't know if you should be concerned or not. I've heard of people running chainsaws on 100:1 ratio with synthetic oil and no problems. Saws cost too much for me to try that experiment.

Old 05-25-05, 08:58 AM
rjkern
Visiting Guest
I don't know whether it is conventional or synthetic. I'm not worried about warranty as my blower and trimmer are both 12 years old and the snow thrower is 7 years old. The local small engine shop swears by the stuff and the Opti-2 website http://www.opti2-4.com/ spells out some great product benefits. But I'd rather hear it from someone who has actually used the stuff longterm.

Old 07-01-08, 01:08 PM
Great stuff, I work for an equipment rental company and it is all we use in our two stroke equipment, no problems at all.

Search this Thread