Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

RYOBI 970r trimmer 4-cycle carb question

Visiting Guest

05-24-05, 07:46 PM   #1  
dbrub
RYOBI 970r trimmer 4-cycle carb question

I'm trying to get a 970r string trimmer running. It runs for short time when primed with starting fluid but doesn't seem to get gas to the venturi. I'd like to soak the carb and install a carb kit but I'm having trouble locating a source for the parts. Any advice will be much appreciated. Also the primer bulb is cracked...I rigged it with one from another model but it doesn't fit so I'm also looking for that part as well.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

NE

05-24-05, 08:18 PM   #2  
Welcome to the forum! It sounds like you may have some old gaskets that need replacing. Please see your private messages for my suggestion.

Visiting Guest

05-25-05, 07:51 PM   #3  
dbrub
thanks...but

I was about to write back and say that the site you directed me to didn't have a rebuild kit since the number pointing to the carb only listed the whole carb but then I scanned the page and saw the un-numbered items and they included kits. But now I see two options: option 1 is an "OEM carb repair kit" and option 2 is a gasket Diaphram Repair Kit. Doe the OEM carb repair kit include the gasket diaphram?

05-13-09, 05:51 AM   #4  
I have the exact same problem,
Can you post or send me info on carb rebuild kit.
I have a Walbro wt-311 carb, looking for good info on rebuild.

Steve

Non-US

05-13-09, 07:33 AM   #5  
If you look arround the Warlbro website, You'll find a complete repair manual & the parts look-up is there as well. (under the aftermarket tab, I think) Check it out, Roger

Search this Thread